Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland
- Best Daily Deals In Scotland and England
Tour Scotland Video King's Knot Gardens Below Stirling Castle
Tour Scotland video shot today of the The King's Knot gardens below Stirling Castle, Stirling, Scotland. The Castle of Stirling first emerges into the light of history in the time of Alexander I who, according to a document of the following reign, dedicated a chapel there. Alexander died at the Castle in 1124 and was succeeded by his brother David, who frequently stayed at Stirling. Below the castle are the grassy outlines of a much bigger formal garden. This is the King’s Knot, the knot itself being a raised eight sided feature dating from the 1600s.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland. Tour Aberdeen, Tour Dundee, Tour Edinburgh, Tour Glasgow, Tour Isle of Skye. Tour Glencoe, Tour Loch Lomond. Tour Loch Ness.
Tour St Andrews.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson